Tuesday, May 20, 2008

about a video



This is a work in progress. It basically started building itself through searching on the internet and documenting those searches, even though I was doing this all for the sake of making this record. I wanted to follow the intuitive process of what would come next, but now I'm wondering what intentions might have been there along the way. looking at it I see patterns things going backwards and forwards...there is a lot of water and space (as in outer) for instance. Things were chosen really for their straight visual appeal. I started with google earth, seeing how the weather, and other information was represented through this interface. Each element I thought was just part of a moving composition. It was constantly changing and becoming more complicated so I was just keeping up with it. From there, the content flowed into other videos on the internet sort of sticking along a theme of strange phenomena, I suppose disaster and place. The connections that were initially visual became overwhelming, frenetic and very sad. Seeing it all together/the creation of this meaning makes me think about how this piece was really made, and how all this was constructed while I thought I was going just with the flow, but maybe not really?

No comments: